Comune di Castelluccio Valmaggiore(Fg) - Sito Istituzionale

  • Martedi, 23 aprile 2019

Sei in: Homepage / Cultura e Turismo / Arte e Monumenti (Art and monuments) / (Church of St. John the Baptist)

(Church of St. John the Baptist)

 The church dedicated to the patron of Castelluccio Valmaggiore, San John the Baptist, was formally recognized June 25, 1769 by Bishop Marco De Simone, Bishop of Troia.

The church was built on the ruins of Byzantine castle, the only remains now of the castle is the old tower next to the church, erected as a lookout over the valley of Celone.

It is formed by brick buildings, with five windows with stained glass windows illustrating the life of Jesus.
Inside the church there is a nave of 32 meters by 10 meters, with truss ceiling and single altar.

On the left side there is the chapel of St. John with a marble altar and the image of the saint in the center, on the right side you can see the Via Crucis imagines, in bronze placed on a marble. Every 24 June, honors the patron saint.